Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Emotion

One of the great things about having no ovaries is that my hormones come in pill form, so I get the same amount of estrogen every day. There are no highs and lows, just a flat-line of hormonal evenness. This means, though, that I hardly ever cry. And when I do, I find myself desperately thinking back to the night before and trying to remember if I took my pill or not.

I'm pretty sure I took it last night, but today I'm finding that I'm feeling...feelings. This is probably why:

A long time ago, Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess) wrote about a red dress. You can read about it here http://thebloggess.com/2010/05/the-traveling-red-dress/ And then that dress travelled and got a little tattered, so Jenny was going to buy a new dress and all sorts of wonderful things happened that made all sorts of people buy all sorts of ballgowns and send them to strangers.

I've always wanted a dress that has little material on top, that would give me a very skinny waist, and has scads of material on the bottom. But, like Jenny, I've never gotten one because it's impractical and where would you even wear something like that. Maybe it's worth looking into though.



And then I watched this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwAYpLVyeFU&feature=youtu.be

So, now I'm going to go interview some blue-collar workers about their jobs and clean my house. That is quite enough emotion for one day.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment