Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bad Planning

I did not plan this well. Having kids when I was young seemed like a good idea. What I didn't stop to figure out though was that they would enter high school the year that I turn 40. Because having kids going into high school makes me feel old. And turning 40 makes me feel old. And combined makes me want to start looking into Home Care and Meels on Wheels. And possibly getting one of those showers that has a door and a chair.

You're only as old as you feel. Well, that's not helpful, is it? And have you ever noticed this is always said by retired and determindly cheerful people. The kind that are always so sickningly positive all the time that you know they have to be faking. The kind of people that when something unpleasant happens to them they continuously tell you how much worse it could be. "I was in a horrible accident where a piano fell on my head and broke every bone in my body and the doctor's say I will never get out of this bed again and also I have blinding migraines almost constantly from the brain damage and tubes and bags will function as every organ for the rest of my life, but it could be worse; I could've been hit with the piano bench too. Har har har"

Old age isn’t so bad if you consider the alternative. The alternative of visiting the fountain of youth and remaining young forever?

Anyway, I must go get ready for the day; I have to go buy some sensible shoes.


--




No comments:

Post a Comment