Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Flotsam

Often I have a bunch of things to say but not enough about one thing to warrant an entire post. Probably you've noticed that if you've been reading for a while.
  • June Awesomeness: Music, people who sing when they're happy, Jell-o, fresh sheets, finding $10 on the ground, being surprised with Crave cupcakes, "Slow Children Playing" sign.

  • My kids graduated grade 9. The ceremony was last week. I'm happy to say that it only lasted an hour and a half and wasn't boring. The called up the children class by class and had entertainment in between: some girl sang about being 15, another danced, a teacher sang to his own child who was lucky (?) enough to have her dad as a teacher for the last 3 years, and a hard metal band played.

  • I took my car in for an oil change yesterday. One thousand dollars and an overnight stay later... Ugh.

  • A murder of crows woke me up this morning and stuck around for hours and hours making that noise that sounds like they might have bypassed that nest of baby robins and went straight for the neighbours cat. I refused to look out the window because I hate seeing the carnage and instead sat in a corner, rocking back and forth, mumbling to myself and crying, hoping they didn't notice the boys leaving for school this morning.

That's all really.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment