Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Five Things That Are Entertaining Me

Yep. It's September. Every August I quietly freak out that nobody will ever hire me again because I haven't heard from ANY of my contacts for an entire month and then they ALL contact me in the middle of September. Maybe next year I'll remember that this happens and just calm the hell down. That's my long-winded way of saying I've been a little busy this week.

In my downtime though, here are some things that I've been doing to relax:

1. I found this song. I've been listening to it over and over. I like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFNRcL-r244  In other news, I wonder if I'll ever figure out how to download a video?

2. Guilty secret time: I watch "Big Brother." I don't know why; I think it's probably one of the stupidest shows in the history of TV. Anyway, this season has been full of big moves and backstabbing and drama. Whoo-wee!

3. I've been reading a book called "The Widower's Tale." It's pretty good. Though I'm having a hard time reading more than a page or two at a time because I've been falling asleep so quickly. (yay!)

Speaking of widowers, I have this friend who is always "that person" who is trying to correct my grammar. Which is hilarious because grammar is what I do for a living. Anyway, his wife texts me once and says: "What is a widower?" And so I replied that it's a man who has lost his wife. She said "That's what I said, but [husband] insists that it's the killer that makes someone a widow." If you think he will ever live that one down, you are sadly mistaken.

4. I made Twin A watch "The Lost Boys" with me. I like to make them watch '80s movies with me so they can be totally up on pop culture from decades ago. Twin A has a t-shirt with a picture of Cameron on it and a caption that says "Save Ferris." He wears it to school and very few of the kids understand it, but the teachers love it. And honestly, who is more important to impress?

5. I've also been watching old episodes of "Gilmore Girls." There are a lot of people who think that Lorelei and Rory talk too much, but I love to listen that fast. They're so witty and they make me laugh. Right now I'm at the part where Lorelei and Christopher go to Paris and end up married and now they have to tell Rory. I wonder what'll happen. Just kidding, I've seen every episode four or five times; I know exactly what's going to happen.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment