Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dinner

Now that the boys are back to school and extracurricular after school activities, I'm going to have to make our schedule a little more strict. Of course I say this every year, and for the first couple of weeks, we run like clockwork, but then we get lazy and it's back to having cereal or popcorn for dinner.

I've been up two days in a row supervising breakfast, making their lunches, and also I've made dinner. And you guys, with this schedule I can see me burning out by Friday. Twin A has football every night, but there is a break between end of school and football, so basically, I go get them, bring them home and feed them dinner at 330, take Twin A to football, go get him again at the end, bring him home and feed them yet another meal.

And Wednesdays are even worse because Twin B has to be at school at 7am. So I take him, come home and then go back with Twin A. I'd make Twin A go at 7 with his brother, but he's got mandatory study hall after school on Wednesdays then football practice so if I make him go at 7am he'll be there for 12 hours straight.

It sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not. Not yet, anyway. Actually, I'm just looking for good recipes that are fast and easy. Any ideas? Or, if you're feeling really generous, I'll take donations, Jenny.

Growing up, one of my dance classes was on Wednesdays after school. My mom made the same thing for dinner every Wednesday; we called it Wednesday Night Surprise. I remember that there was corn and potatoes, but I can't remember what else. Probably it wouldn't be as good as I remember anyway; surprisingly my tastes have changed a little since I was a kid.

I don't have a good way to end this post and I don't have anything else to say. So that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment