Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gus

Day 25: a picture of your day.

I don't yet have a real picture of what will become the most important part of my day, but I assure you, in time, I will have MANY!
.
I became an aunt yesterday. My big brother finally got around to having a kid. He was born yesterday morning, he weighs 8lbs 4ozs, and I can't wait to see him. They haven't named him yet, so I've started calling him Gus. Probably that's not what his name will be for real though.
.
I saw the mama yesterday. She's doing well. There was a small problem with Gus (which was well known ahead of time so none of us were shocked). He needed surgery soon after he was born, but the thing is, the hospital where high-risk pregnancies are taken care of and the childrens' hospital are in two different locations. So, my sister-in-law had the baby, and they rushed him into an ambulance and across town for surgery, leaving mama at the birthing hospital.
.
My point? I haven't seen the baby yet. But today is the day I meet my nephew, and though I won't be able to hold him, I will be able to take pictures and coo at him and tell him how happy I am that he's in my life. I can't wait!

--

No comments:

Post a Comment