Monday, January 17, 2011

Bel Canto

Day 23: a picture of your favorite book.



It's no secret that I love books. I love the weight of them; I like to run my hand over the cover before I even open them to feel the texture; I read who published them and in what year and if the copyright is owned by the author or the publisher. I love books, so the fact that this book is my favourite says a lot.

.
It takes place in South America. There is a large dinner party with executives and political figures from throughout the world and an American opera singer hired to entertain. Terrorists break in and hold all the dignitaries hostage for long enough that strangers bond and some even fall in love. It's a beautiful story, written by a talented author and if you haven't read it, you should.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment