Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas letter

I'm considering writing a Christmas letter. Part of me thinks that these letters are kind of lame: that people don't really want to know that I went on a bunch of holidays, that my kids go to school and participate in sports, and that I may or may not have run over a squirrel last September. On the other hand, it's easier than writing out a whole bunch of hand written cards and there are some people that I don't talk to all the time that might be interested to know what we've been up to in the last year. On the other hand (maybe my multiple amounts of appendages is something I should put in the letter), Christmas letters are written for a large audience and what if what my 14-year-old cousin doesn't have the same sense of humour as my 90-year-old ex-grandma (that's my ex's grandma in case you're wondering)? Do I use my boring and polite this-is-what-we've-done voice or my...well...real voice?



Or, do I do like last year where I deliberate about this forever until it's too late to do either?



--

No comments:

Post a Comment