Friday, November 19, 2010

Title goes here

Well hi there. Nice place you got here. What? Oh right, this is my place.

I haven't been here for a long time. Maybe you've noticed. At least two of you have because you've both asked why I don't blog anymore. I'm back. I'll try to do better, but honestly, I can't guarantee anything. The thing is , I don't blog when I have so much going on in my life that my brain is just spinning because I don't want to bog you down in my stuff and I don't blog when I have nothing going on in my life because I have nothing to say.

Today I'm trying for five random things because sometimes that's just fun.

1. I shovelled the driveway two days in a row. I have a long-ass driveway and it takes a long time and I don't even finish it because I want to leave some for the other members of my household. I don't want them to get used to me doing it. It kind of bothers me that my neighbours drive on my driveway because they pack down the snow, but it doesn't bother me enough to say anything. I like my neighbours; if they find it easier to drive on my driveway then I'll just live with it. Later on this year it won't matter anyway because I'll have given up the goal to always be able to see the cement. Shovelling is a novelty that wears off pretty quick. I came inside when I was done and my hair was everywhere and my glasses were fogged up and the zipper pull broke off my jacket. I'm not sure the last time I felt that panicked. I COULD NOT get out of my jacket. I was trapped there forever with hair in my face and I couldn't even see. It was horrible. I felt my breath quicken as I tried and tried to figure out a way to pull down the zipper WITHOUT THE PULL twisting this way and that like an acrobat contortionist. Finally I pulled the jacket off like a t-shirt. It was scary people; you don't know fear until you're trapped in a winter jacket with foggy glasses and messy hair.

2. I went to visit my bff last weekend. Honey was away so it was just the two of us. I missed him; I like them together, but it was really nice to have girl-time. I'd love to say we spent the day shopping then visited the spa in preparation for our night out, but in all honesty, we went to one store, then picked up food, went back to her place, put on our sweatpants and we were in bed by 1030. Sadly, it was perfect. I don't want to read too much into it, but it's possible that I'm getting... old.

3. My plans fell through today. I thought about all the stuff that needs to be done: the cleaning, the writing assignments, random chores and errands (on a side note, I've never been able to say that word--I know it's ERrands, but it always comes out of my mouth as erRANDS). But then I remembered what the Universe wrote yesterday: What if it was your downtime, your lounging-in-bed-too-long time, your walkabout time, and your blow-Friday-off time that made possible your greatest achievements? So today, I'm going to have a nap, I might go for lunch, I will definitely have a long, hot shower and I will blow-Friday-off.

4. I might just start now.

5. Because five random things right off the get-go might be a little over ambitious.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment