Monday, November 29, 2010

Exercise

I am bad with exercise. I will go hard for an entire week--workout three hours a day, eat only food that is good for me, drink only water. Then BAM! Something happense and I stop. And the something happening is usually life getting in the way. A couple of weeks ago I went to hot yoga four times in five days. It was awesome and I felt so good. But then the friend I was going with one day couldn't go, and I couldn't go the next day, then my evenings became busy with meetings and friends popping by and...

The IT band in my right leg is tight. So tight that I haven't been able to run for the last six months or so. I can run for about 10 minutes before either my knee, hip, or both start hurting. It's very frustrating. So I've started seeing a physiotherapist. And that was helping and it looked like I was going to be able to start running again soon, but I've stopped doing the exercises, I really can't afford to go to physiotherapy too often, and now it's possible I'll never run again. OK, that might be a little too dramatic, but my motivation is low.

Hmmm...I'm pretty rambly today. If ya'all have any motivation ideas, I'd be happy to listen to 'em...

--

No comments:

Post a Comment