Friday, August 6, 2010

Stars

I'm trying desperately to organize my life and get stuff done. So I've invented a "star chart." I printed off a calendar and every day I aim to get five different coloured stars. So far this month I've been doing pretty well.

Green star - the green star symbolizes my nutrition goals. I find that I don't eat enough fruit and vegetables. Canada's food guide recommends 7 to 8 servings per day. Who wants to waste all their calories on fruit and vegetables? So I'm trying to eat both fruit and vegetables every single day. I only average about 4 servings per day. That's ok; I don't seem to be dying of scurvy or anything yet.

Red star - the red star is my exercise goal. I aim to get at least a half hour every day. This is the one that I don't get the most of. I have a lot of excuses, none of them good, for why I skip it. Between running three times a week with my dad and the new exercise regime I plan to make the other football mommies take part in, I will then only need to find time/energy for the weekend days. You know. The days I like to spend reading in my bed.

Gold star - the gold star is my wellness goal. This month I made a list of 31 things that need to be done around my house. Everything from replacing the burnt out lightbulbs in the bathroom vanity and vacuuming my furnace filter to bringing up that damn desk from the basement. The same desk I meant to bring up in February. There's a reason I have to go to the extreme of rewarding myself to do things.

Blue star - the blue star is the water star. All I have to do is drink 2 litres of water a day. This is the one I get 99.9 per cent of the time. Yes, I do pee a lot. Twice while writing this post actually.

Silver star - extra wellness goal because there are five different colours on a sheet of star stickers. Every day I must work on some sort of craft. This one is great for more than just getting crafts completed though. It also keeps me from snacking at night. It's hard to craft and eat at the same time.

In other news, it's my UNniversary today. I would be celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary today if that had worked out. I texted the ex to wish him a happy unniversary, he replied with two lols and an emoticon...no wonder we're divorced.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment