Friday, August 13, 2010

Random

1. I went on my very first blind date last weekend. He was a very nice man. He made me feel comfortable, the conversation flowed, and though we didn't seem to have a whole lot in common, I didn't want to make any decisions on our relationship based on a first date. He called yesterday. Five days after our date. Although he thinks I'm "a very nice person" he's met someone through a dating site and wants to see where that goes. I was impressed that he called; most men wouldn't have. Quite a stand-up gentleman; I hope everything works out for him. I, however, am going back to hiding in my house and avoiding people. I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with the rejection that comes with dating.

2. I think I might have figured out why I'm so tired all the time. Why running is such a strain. I visited my fantastic new doctor yesterday. He poked and prodded at me for a while, then decided that it's quite possible that I've been running on a broken foot for the last six weeks. Perhaps my exhaustion stems from my body's need to heal while I continue to pound the broken part into the ground over and over and over again.

3. My kids tell people I'm a receptionist. "Because it sounds better." GAH! Like I didn't *just* go to school for four years to get a degree. Like I don't have letters behind my name.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment