Saturday, February 20, 2010

Last Day

This is the letter I wrote to all my coworkers on my last day:

I have been thinking about what to write in this email for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I still have no idea what to say. There is a lot of pressure for a writer to make written things sound good. Eeshk! Probably you’ll expect me too spell everthing write two. I’m not sure if I can handle the pressure.

I thought about making this sound like a break-up letter. It’s not you; it’s me. I think we should just be friends. I love you, but I’m not in love with you. But then I realized I don’t want to break up with y’all (thanks for the word [American girl from Augusta, Georgia that works there]). I’m leaving but I’m not dead or anything; it’d be nice to hear from everyone occasionally.

I guess all I can really say is thank you. Thanks for the experience, thanks for the fun, and thanks especially for the treats at coffee central.

And also, a special thank you to whomever left the Lindt chocolates on my desk this morning. My favourite!

The End.
[Lily Starlight]

And...DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment